Catalano Interiors sales are subject to the following terms and conditions.
The following is essential information about the rights and responsibilities of both Catalano Interiors and the Purchaser, please read carefully. By placing an order through Catalano Interiors, the purchaser has signed/acknowledged and agreed to the terms and conditions specified below:
1. The date of order is the date of the purchaser’s signature on their Sales Order
2. The purchaser will pay the balance of the purchase price by cash, direct bank transfer or credit card, or other method approved by Catalano Interiors at its sole discretion. (Surcharges apply for any balance payment taken by credit card).
3. Personal or non-bank cheque is not an acceptable method of payment.
4. The purchaser may cancel this order within 3 days from the Date of Order for which the purchaser will pay a $100 cancellation fee.
5. If the purchaser requests to cancel the order after 3 days from the date of order, and Catalano Interiors, at its sole discretion accepts the cancellation request, the purchaser must pay 50% of the contract value and will forfeit any deposit monies paid.
6. Rest assured that we will attempt to minimise any inconvenience caused by delays of manufacturers or transport and/or other unforeseen problems.
E & O.E. All delivery times quoted are estimates.
PAYMENT & PAYMENT OPTIONS
1. Payment of any balance owing on the order must be paid for in full 7 working days prior to pick up or delivery of the goods. Goods will not be dispatched from our warehouse or store until full payment has been received.
2. We accept the following Payment methods;
• Cash, Eftpos
• Visa Card, Master Card (this payment will incur a 1% surcharge)
• AMEX (this payment will incur a 1.5% surcharge)
• Direct Transfer – Catalano Interiors BSB: 013 030 ACC: 4250 06432
“Customer must Reference deposit with their Purchase Order Number and Surname to ensure that funds are allocated to the correct account.”
3. Cash, Eftpos and Credit Card payments can be accepted instore.
4. Personal, Company and Bank cheques are NOT accepted.
5. Credit card payments will NOT be accepted over the phone.
If the purchaser fails to pay all or any part of the purchase price and associated costs and charges for the goods by the due date for payment, Catalano Interiors without prejudice to any other rights it may have, may retake or resume possession of the goods and commence legal proceedings to recover from the purchaser any unpaid purchase price and charges.
TITLE OF GOODS
6. Ownership of the goods and title of the goods remains the property of Catalano Interiors until such time as the purchaser pays all outstanding amounts relating to this or any other agreement.
CUSTOM MADE ORDERS
7. A minimum deposit of 60% of the total purchase price is required on “Custom-Made Orders”.
(a) The goods the purchaser has ordered will be made specially for the purchaser.
(b) Catalano Interiors will not commence making the goods until a minimum 60% deposit is received.
(c) The purchaser is not entitled to a refund on the custom-made order.
(d) The custom-made order cannot be cancelled or varied after 3 days from the date of order.
(e) The estimated delivery period commences 3 days after a minimum 60% deposit is received.
(f) Catalano Interiors will endeavour to deliver your custom-made order in the delivery period estimated. Orders may take up to around 2-4 weeks more than estimated.
8. No order which has been accepted by Catalano Interiors can be cancelled without the prior written approval of Catalano Interiors Management.
9. Should you wish to cancel your order a request must be made in writing outlining your reason for a cancellation request. We allow a maximum of 3 days after an order should you wish to request to cancel it.
10. A minimum cancellation fee amounting up to 50% of the purchase price may apply at Catalano Interiors discretion. This fee would cover expenses relating to loss of value, administration and inventory costs and other associated or unforeseen costs. Catalano Interiors does not provide a refund or replacement if the purchaser has a change of mind about the purchase.
11. Where we are required to refund your payment (due to cancellation of your order), we will use our best endeavours to process your refund in a timely manner. (Please allow 10 Working days).
COLLECTION OF GOODS
The following applies if the purchaser elects to collect or arrange their own collection and delivery.
(a) Catalano Interiors will not accept claims for scratches, indentations, marks, missing colour, or any other visible damage once the goods have been collected from Catalano Interiors. It is important to inspect the goods thoroughly before taking the goods and signing that the goods were received in good order.
(b) If collecting goods from the Catalano Interiors Distribution Centre, the purchaser must contact the Despatch Department 48 hours before pickup to make an appointment. The contact details are on the front of this Sales Order.
(c) Payment must be made in full 7 days prior to collection of goods. Catalano Interiors can accept credit card payment in store 7 days prior to pick up. Surcharges may apply. Credit card payment will not be accepted over the phone.
(d) Upon collection of goods an original Sales Order and Payment Receipt must be presented.
(e) Catalano Interiors Occupational Health & Safety policies prohibit its staff from lifting furniture outside its Distribution Centre. The purchaser should ensure they have sufficient help to carry and load goods from the Distribution Centre to their vehicle. Catalano Interiors will not be liable for any damage caused due to incorrect/unsafe loading or improper securing of all collected goods. Please be aware that some items are heavy and require two people to lift them.
(f) Collection of goods must be made by appointment only and between the hours of 10:30am-12:30pm and 1:30pm-3:00pm, Monday to Friday.
12. Dates of delivery are only estimates. All goods shall be accepted for delivery by the purchaser within 28 days after Catalano Interiors has given notice to the purchaser that the goods are available for collection. The purchaser will be liable for all costs and charges, including for storage, arising from not accepting delivery within 28 days. If both parties agree to storage of goods, goods MUST be paid for in full.
OWNERSHIP OF THE GOODS
13. Ownership of the goods ordered remains with Catalano Interiors until full payment has been made for the goods including any applicable costs and charges. Any proceeds received by the purchaser for the sale of the goods before full payment has been made to Catalano Interiors in respect of the goods, shall be held in trust by the purchaser for the benefit of Catalano Interiors.
14. Each piece of Catalano Interiors is subject to the terms and conditions of the manufacturer’s limited warranty. Catalano Interiors will make good by repairing or replacing any defect caused by sub-standard materials or workmanship covered by the manufacturer’s limited warranty. Proof of purchase including invoices and receipts must be provided. No other warranty is valid whether express or implied except by the effect of mandatory laws. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, damage caused by inappropriate cleaning methods, excessive loading or misuse of the goods. The purchaser should obtain and comply with the instructions relating to the care and maintenance for the goods purchased. The warranty is effective from the date the item/s have been delivered. The warranty only applies to the original delivery address. Catalano Interiors goods come with guarantees provided by the Australian Consumer Law.
15. Unless otherwise specified in writing by Catalano Interiors (in, for example, a Sales Order), Catalano Interiors warrants that:
(a) the frame used in each Catalano Interiors lounge is guaranteed against failure due to a manufacturing defect for its lifetime;
(b) the electronic and motion components for all recliners and sofa beds are guaranteed against failure due to a manufacturing defect for a period of 2 years from date of purchase, excluding batteries and transformers that comes with a 12 month warranty;
(c) all components of your product other than (a) and (b) above (including leather, fabric, stitching, suspension, springs, legs, lacquered and other timber finishes, chrome and metal, glass and marble, travertine and stone) are guaranteed against failure due to a manufacturing defect for a period of 12 months from date of purchase.
16. To claim under the Catalano Interiors warranty against defects, the defect must appear within the relevant time period set out in clause (a), (b) and (c) above.
17. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Catalano Interiors is not liable, whether in contract, tort, including in negligence, under any statute or otherwise, for or in respect of:
(a) normal wear and tear. ‘Normal wear and tear’ means normal usage and includes, but is not limited to the following kinds changes occurring:
i. Leather and fabrics will fade and crease
ii. Foam and fillings will soften and form the shape of the user over time;
iii. Depending on the covering and the degree of use, the covering materials, cushion fillings and suspension may need to be replaced periodically at the purchaser’s expense;
iv. Scars, marks and differing pore density and colour are natural characteristics of leather;
v. The leather and fabric products are upholstered by hand and therefore, the size and weight of these products may have minor variations of up to 5% from the sample products or from any product specifications you have been quoted.
(b) damage caused by spills such as acids, solvents, dyes or other corrosive materials, ink, body paint, or bodily fluid;
(c) damage caused by improper cleaning, negligence, treatment of the product with chemicals, exposing the product to the sun, extreme heat or bright light such as lamps, or otherwise caused by actions or omissions; or
(d) the cost of transporting the goods to and/or from the specified place of repair or replacement.
18. The warranty against defects is non-transferable and is limited to the original purchaser specified in the original Sales Order.
19. The warranty against defects only applies to goods used for normal domestic purposes and excludes goods used for commercial purposes.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST WARRANTY DEFECTS
To claim under the Catalano Interiors Warranty against a defect, the purchaser:
(a) must stop using the product immediately after the defect appears; and
(b) must notify Catalano Interiors within 7 days of the defect appearing;
(c) provide Catalano Interiors with a copy of the original Sales Order or tax invoice. To make a claim, the purchaser can lodge a service claim on the Catalano Interiors website or telephone the service department of Catalano Interiors on 1300 CATALANO and follow the prompts. Once a claim has been lodged with the Catalano Interiors service department, Catalano Interiors will assess the purchaser’s claim, and respond within 10 business days. The cost associated with the claim including any costs of freight, house calls, labour and other items, is borne by the purchaser. The costs are based on standard Catalano Interiors rates.
REMEDIES FOR WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS
If a part or product is confirmed by Catalano Interiors to have a manufacturing defect, Catalano Interiors will, at its sole discretion, determine whether to repair or replace the defective part or product. Catalano Interiors is not liable for any loss or damage of any kind arising in connection with the goods including, but not limited to, indirect and consequential loss, except as expressly stated in the warranty against defect, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
The description of all furniture as detailed in the Sales Order is accepted as correct by the purchaser. The purchaser acknowledges that colour swatches and samples are only approximate guides, as leather, fabric, timbers and any stone product may vary in texture, colour and finish. Depending on the selected covering and finish, the furniture may differ in character and feel when compared with showroom furniture. Softness and creasing of the furniture may also vary from the showroom furniture. Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight can cause fading, drying and splitting to leather, fabric, timber and some stone products.
Catalano Interiors reserves the right to change the design, price, construction and dimensions of its products without notice. The sales staff of Catalano Interiors are available to assist with any queries regarding any products, but the final decision on any products including the suitability on a particular model, colour, finish or covering is entirely the purchaser’s responsibility. The purchaser should choose carefully because Catalano Interiors does not refund or exchange if the purchaser has a change of mind.
Images on the website are correct at the time of posting and are used for marketing purposes. The actual specs of each product may be updated without any prior notice.
RETURN OF GOODS
The purchaser is responsible for returning the goods to Catalano Interiors at the purchaser’s expense if the purchaser had collected the goods from Catalano Interiors. Before goods are returned, the purchaser should make arrangements with Catalano Interiors to receive the goods. If the goods are faulty and/or the cost to return, remove or transport the goods will be significant and the purchaser has paid delivery service expenses in full, then Catalano Interiors will arrange for the goods to be collected from you, within a reasonable time and at the expense of Catalano Interiors.
Once an order has been placed and accepted by Catalano Interiors, customers have up to 3 days to cancel the order, a $100.00 Admin/Cancellation Fee will be charged if an order is cancelled with the 3 day period. Should you wish to cancel your order after the 3 day period a request must be made in writing outlining your reason for your cancellation request. After 3 days if cancellation is accepted, a minimum cancelation fee amounting to 50% of the purchase price will apply. This fee would cover expenses relating to the loss of value, administration and inventory costs and other associated or unforeseen costs.
Please choose carefully as Catalano Interiors do not refund for simply change of mind.
Catalano Interiors reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
RETURN/EXCHANGE OF GOODS
Please choose your purchases carefully as returns/exchanges are not provided where you have either changed your mind or made a wrong selection.
In the event of goods being returned/exchanged the purchaser is responsible for returning the goods to Catalano Interiors at the purchaser’s expense. Before the goods are returned, the purchaser must have consent and make prior arrangements with Catalano Interiors.
A 20% restocking fee applies if goods are returned in original packaging and a 30% restocking fee applies if goods are not returned in original packaging plus and additional delivery costs associated
Please note: No returns/exchanges are offered on Special Orders.
STOCK AND AVAILABILITY
‘Core range’ items — Products labelled as part of ‘core/ main range’ means they are products we generally have in stock in our warehouse. If we currently do not have it in stock, it means we are awaiting stock from our suppliers or manufacturers and are doing all we can to secure the stock to fulfil your order. Stock reorder can vary from 6-8 weeks.
‘Ordered upon request’ items — Products labelled ‘ordered upon request’ means that we’ll order the stock and provide an estimated date for arrival from the manufacturer or supplier only once you’ve placed an order with us.
PROMOTIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
15% Discount for TPAV Members
- Offer only applies to TPAV Members
- Offer only applies to any new purchase from Monday 3rd May 2021 onwards
- TPAV Members must show virtual membership card in-store or use unique coupon code at check-out for online orders.
*Excludes Floor Stock Clearance items, Discontinued Lines, Leather and fabric protection plans, Artwork, Rugs, Cushions, Accessories and Delivery charges.
LOUNGE SALE + Free Shipping Metro Melbourne*
Lounge Sale on now at all Catalano Stores and Online Thursday July 22 – Sunday August 14.
*Free shipping to Melbourne Metro location on any lounge purchase. Free delivery does not apply to the purchase of Dining, Chairs, Storage, Tables and Homewares.
Metro Melbourne includes postcodes outlined below
- 3000 – 3211
- 3335 – 3336
- 3427 – 3429
- 3750 – 3752
- 3754 – 3755
- 3759 – 3761
- 3765 – 3775
- 3781 – 3787
- 3975 – 3978
For all postcodes outside the above listed, standard delivery charges will be applied.